Friday 6 March 2009

A Love Song [well half of it anyway]

As we lay down on the terrace, facing the sky, I see stars shining bright
As I stare deep into her twinkling eyes, I think, what a magical night
I hold her hand, and gently brush her hair off her face
Enraptured by her beauty, I begin to lose track of time and space
As she brings her lips closer to mine, I feel sensations I’ve never felt before
I begin to see sounds, hear colours, and so much more
Our eyes shut; we kiss....but something feels wrong
I open my eyes and pull away in shock as I see a unicorn with two horns,
A two horned red unicorn with blood smeared on its green lips

And that’s when I realize; fuck... this is another one of those bad trips.

She looks at me differently now, I think she knows
The unicorn says something, but I’m distracted by her giant yellow toes
It…she asks me if I’m okay
I nervously mumble “I’m fine”; what else can I say?
I can’t tell her she’s turned into a two horned unicorn
What is a two horned unicorn called anyway?
Fuck fuck fuck! This is all so wrong
What the fuck do I say?

I should tell the unicorn I’m sick, that should do the trick
I’ll tell her I’m sick and want to go home, and then I can be safe, all alone
But what if the unicorn goes “aww, let me take you to bed”
Sleeping with a red unicorn with two horns on its head?...
Maybe I should just tell her the truth instead.

...Fuck.. how long have I been having this conversation with myself?
The unicorn is beginning to look suspicious, but I can’t be sure
I’m getting fucking neurotic now... I need help
What does a suspicious unicorn look like anyway? I don’t know
I can’t even tell what’s real and what’s not anymore.

As I begin to process what seems like a monumental task right now
About what exactly I should tell the unicorn, and how,
The unicorn begins to change in colour from red to magenta
A two horned, green lipped, yellow toed unicorn with a hidden agenda?
No, no, no. This is fucking ridiculous. Stop thinking. Calm down.
This is just a trip. Remember…this is just a trip.
She is
not a unicorn....who just bit my bottom lip
She is
not a unicorn…who is now beginning to strip
Goddammit why is the unicorn shaking its hips?!
Is she trying to mate? What the fuck is she doing?

“Damn it unicorn, can’t you see the state that I’m in?!!”

The unicorn stops stripping and glares at me silently
Did I say that out loud?

“DID YOU JUST CALL ME A UNICORN?!!!” the unicorn enquires violently
Fuck... I said it out loud.
“Yes I did”, I nervously admit, for I didn’t know what else I could possibly say
As I await her response, the dark blue skies turn an ominous shade of grey
And then the unicorn replies, in a voice I recognize,
“Aww honey! You just made my day!”

Wait…What?! Is this another hallucination?
Unicorn - “I’ve waited to hear that from you in ever so long!”
Her reaction to being called a unicorn is one of elation?
Me - “No, no you’ve got this all wrong”
Does she not understand the strangeness of this situation?


[To be continued. Or maybe not.]

2 comments:

spicymist said...

wow. now you can be sure i will dream about this one too. 2 horned unicoren is probably called a bicorn. dunno for sure though. just making a guess

Ann Dee said...

think up think up.....